Department of Radiology
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the All-India Institute of Medical Science, Guwahati is a leading academic center for the advancement and development of the disciplines of Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology. The department is committed to High-standard Radiology care, Radiology research, and postgraduate medical education.
A: Achieved International recognition by providing high standard Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology Service
T: Starting different Teaching programs related to Radiology to generate manpower for this country
To achieve global recognition as a prominent academic Radiology center and the leading Indian Hub for research, innovation, education, and Medi-tourism that provides superlative, evidence-based, compassionate Radiology care.
- AIIMS Guwahati -Radiology is committed to advancing Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology in North Eastern India.
- We contribute to better clinical outcomes and deliver high-quality, patient-centered care.
- We believe in the dignity of our patients, residents, trainees, and team members. Through interdisciplinary and inter- and intra-institutional collaboration, we cultivate an environment of excellence in research and teaching, driving continuous self-improvement and leading-edge care important to our patients and their loved ones
- Respect: We embrace and inspire, diversity of opinions, acknowledge differences, and promote equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Integrity: We demonstrate ethical behavior, accountability, transparency, and objectivity.
- Excellence: We educate the next generation of radiologists and innovators generate new knowledge and leverage cutting-edge technology to positively impact patient outcomes through the provision of world-class care to all.
- Teamwork: We foster engagement, encourage multidisciplinary inclusive collaboration, and recognize that every individual counts.
- Patient-centered Care: We support patient-centered care by conducting evidence-based research and delivering education and training guided by patient values, preferences, and needs.
- Care and Wellbeing: We nurture a safe, compassionate workplace responsive to the individualized needs of our members.
- Digital X-Ray 1000mA (Alleger MARS 80)
- Ultrasound/ Colour Doppler: (Samsung HS3)
- 3T Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MAGNETOM Vida)
- Biplane Digital Subtraction Angiography: (Philips Azurion 7 B20/15) (under Installation)
- The Department of Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology caters the following services at present
- X-ray imaging: X-rays of all body parts as required can be taken. There are also 2 mobile units that are used to take X-rays of patients who cannot be moved to the X-ray unit.
- Ultrasound Imaging: US imaging for all body parts can be carried out along with Doppler imaging for arterial and venous systems and also for visceral vessels.
- MRI: (Service will activated shortly)
MRI offers a wide range of diagnostic options including routine imaging as well as advanced imaging protocols. These include Cardiac MRI, MR angiography, diffusion-weighted imaging, perfusion-weighted imaging, MR spectroscopy, Diffusion tensor imaging & functional MRI.
- Interventional Radiology: Currently, the Department provides only ultrasound-guided Interventional services like varicose vein treatment (Radiofrequency ablation / Vena-seal closure device), drainage, and sclerotherapy.
A wide range of Neurovascular and peripheral Interventional Procedures will be provided once the DSA installation is completed by December 2023