Department of Neurology
The Department of Neurology has been established to provide patient care services, teaching, and research in the field of Neurology. Neurology is a complex and intellectually exciting discipline. The previous three decades have shown the blossoming of new discoveries in the field of Neurology. Several advancements in genetics, molecular biology, pharmacology, and imaging, have revolutionized the field of Neurology.
VISION AND MISSION:
- The department will endeavor to provide comprehensive patient care, teaching, and training of students, and contribute to research.
- Sub-specialty like Movement disorders, Headache, Stroke, Dementia, Neuromuscular disorders, Neuroinfection, Sleep disorders, and Neuroimmunology clinics will be of benefit to patients as well as students and researchers.
- The establishment of a Stroke Unit and Comprehensive Epilepsy Centre will cater to the treatment of stroke and epilepsy patients.
- The department will undertake community activities to spread awareness about various neurological diseases and the need for treatment.
- Clinical neuroscience has partnered with other disciplines to undertake research in the field of neuromodulation and nanotechnologies. The department envisions the same.
The department is providing clinical services to the patients. Teaching and research activities have also started.
- EEG (Electroencephalography) and Video EEG
- Neurophysiology tests: NCV/EMG/Evoked potential/RNS/SFEMG
- TMS: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation